Because food isn’t just about recipes.
The A Couple Cooks Podcast is a food podcast that explores the stories, people, and ideas behind food. Husband and wife team Alex and Sonja Overhiser went from eating fast and frozen food to regularly cooking from scratch in a matter of months. In the process, they they began to unravel the stories of the people behind the food, the connections of food and the land, and the way food affects our health, communities, and the world. The author and photographer duo behind the nationally acclaimed website A Couple Cooks has teamed up to explore the ideas and stories behind the food to inspire your kitchen journey. Expect recipe ideas and kitchen tips interwoven with conversations with the freshest voices in food, from cookbook authors to local farmers to celebrity chefs.
Past guests have included:
- Graham Elliott, celebrity chef and host of Master Chef
- Rick Bayless, award-winning chef and author
- Chris Bianco, chef and owner of nationally-renowned Pizzeria Bianco
- Jeanine Donofrio and Jack Matthews, author and photographer of Love and Lemons
- Julia Turshen, author of Small Victories
- Martha Collison, quarterfinalist on the Great British Baking Show
- Dr. Drew Ramsey, psychologist and author of Eat Complete