Making this Christmas pizza recipe with pesto and veggie ornaments is the perfect holiday time tradition, especially with kids!
- Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Prepare the toppings: Dice the red pepper. Thinly slice the red onion, then rinse it under cool water and pat it dry (which removes some of the bite).
- Place the dough on the pizza peel: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment! In this case, a conveyor pizza peel works very well for larger trees like the one pictured. If using a standard peel or a baking sheet, smaller trees are easier to slide onto the stone.) Roll out the dough into a triangle shape, adding a small rectangle for a trunk. Place the dough on the pizza peel.
- Quickly top the pizza: Spread a thin layer of pesto, then sprinkle with cheese. Add the “decorations” of red onions and peppers. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake the pizza: Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone using the pizza peel, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pizza, Vegetarian Pizza, Pesto Pizza, Artisan Pizza, Christmas Tree Pizza, Vegetarian, Homemade Pizza