This easy mushroom risotto recipe comes together in about 30 minutes and is incredibly easy to make. Here’s how to cook risotto.
- Place broth in a medium sauce pan and heat to a simmer; reduce heat and keep warm.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them. Destem and chop the kale. Mince the shallot.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, pot or Dutch oven, heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the shallot, mushrooms, kale, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the shallots are translucent, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir to combine; cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add the white wine. Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost evaporated, a few minutes.
- At this point, you’re ready to start adding the broth. Add ½ cup warmed broth to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until broth is almost absorbed. Repeat, gradually adding broth ½ cup at a time and stirring, until rice is tender but still al dente and sauce is creamy (you may not need all the broth). The process should take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Continue to stir until combined (or turn off the heat and cover the dish for a few minutes). Remove from heat and season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom risotto