This grilled cheese on the grill is a delicious vegetarian grill recipe for summer, featuring a fresh mint pesto that puts it over the top.
For the mint pesto
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
For the grilled cheese
- 8 slices multigrain artisan bread
- Olive oil
- 8 slices provolone cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat a grill to medium high.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the mint, garlic, and pumpkin seeds and pulse until a thick paste forms. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Then add the kosher salt and Parmesan cheese and pulse until combined.
- Slice the bread into 1/2-inch thick slices and brush them lightly with olive oil. Place the bread slices on the grill and cook, covered, until grill marks form and the bread slices are lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the grill, top with one cheese slice, then pesto, then another cheese slice. Return to the grill and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Mint pesto recipe inspired by Flourishing Foodie
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled cheese on the grill, Mint pesto recipe