Looking to spice up your pizza game? This Mexican pizza is loaded with veggies and flavor. It’s the perfect veggie pizza for pizza night!
For the quick pickled onions and jalapeños
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion*
- 1 jalapeño pepper (omit if you don’t enjoy spicy food, but the pickling mellows the spice)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the pizza
- 1 dough Best Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe or Food Processor Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 3/4 cup shredded Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 handful cilantro, torn
- Sour cream, for the garnish
- Hot sauce, for the garnish
- Make the quick pickled onions and jalapeños: Thinly slice the red onion and jalapeño pepper. Combine in a jar with the remaining ingredients. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes; it also can be made a few days in advance and stored refrigerated.
- Prepare the dough using the Master Pizza Dough Recipe (follow this video instruction for more). Follow the preparation instructions in the dough recipe if prepared in advance.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Meanwhile, mix the refried beans with 1 tablespoon water, the cumin, and the kosher salt.
- Seed and chop the tomato. Thinly slice the green onion. Grate the cheese.
- When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Carefully place the dough on a pizza peel spread with flour or cornmeal.
- Spread the refried beans in a thin layer across the dough, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Top with tomatoes, green onion, and corn.
- Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone on the pizza peel, then bake until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, hot sauce, quick pickled onions and jalapeños, and torn cilantro.
*If you’re not one for spice, omit the jalapeño and just pickle the onions.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican, Pizza, Pizza Recipes, Italian, Pizza, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian