This simple lemon arugula rigatoni pasta recipe is full of nutritious greens, white beans, lemon, and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- 3/4 pound whole wheat or gluten-free rigatoni
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino (or Parmesan) cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cannellini beans and place them in a large bowl with 4 cups arugula. Add the lemon zest and juice of the lemon to the bowl, then add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Toss gently to combine all flavors.
- When pasta is done, drain it and add immediately to the large bowl with beans and arugula. Add another 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3/4 cup Pecorino cheese and stir to combine (the warm pasta will wilt the arugula and warm the beans).
- Serve immediately, topped with additional cheese, salt, pepper, olive oil and/or lemon zest if desired.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
Keywords: Lemon Arugula Pasta, Rigatoni Pasta recipe, Rigatoni Pasta, Pasta Recipes, Vegetarian Pasta Recipe