These zucchini lasagna boats are stuffed with the tastiest lasagna filling: ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, spinach, and a tangy marinara sauce.
- 4 medium zucchini (6 to 8 small)
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (substitute 1/2 tablespoon dried)
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional for sprinkling
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce (or our 5 Minute Pizza Sauce)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash the zucchini; cut them each in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Chop the spinach; place it in a dry skillet and cook it down for a few minutes until wilted.
- Chop the almonds and oregano.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, red pepper flakes, oregano, chopped almonds, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir well.
- Place the zucchini halves in a baking dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Fill each half with spinach, then the cheese mixture, then top with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes covered, then 5 minutes uncovered (depending on the size of the zucchini; smaller zucchini may need less time). Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Zucchini Lasagna Boats, Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini