Topped with a creamy homemade Caesar dressing and crispy cornbread croutons, this kale Caesar salad is one salad you won’t want to stop eating!
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise or veganaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or this substitute)
- 2 anchovies, or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the salad
- For the dressing, in a food processor or blender, add the garlic (chopped into a few pieces), olive oil, mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire, anchovies, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Give it a whirl until smooth. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spread the cornbread pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently with your hands to coat. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until dry and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the kale. In a large salad bowl, combine the kale, romaine, radishes, and half the Parmesan. Toss with the desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle with cornbread crispies and remaining Parmesan and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale caesar salad, Kale caesar salad recipe, Salad Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Entertaining