Making Instant Pot sweet potatoes is fast and easy! Pressure cooker sweet potatoes come out perfectly every time; use them for lunches or weeknight dinners.
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes, about the same size (10 to 12 ounces)
- Scrub the sweet potatoes. Place the stainless steel trivet into the Instant Pot, then place the potatoes on top. Add 1 cup water.
- Lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Place the pressure release handle (vent) in the “Sealing” position.
- Cook on high pressure 16 minutes: Press the Pressure Cook button, making sure the “High Pressure” setting is selected, and set the time for 16 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes for the pot to “preheat” and come up to pressure before it starts cooking. Wait while the Instant Pot cooks. (Note: During cooking, avoid touching the metal part of the lid.)
- Natural release for 10 minutes: After the Instant Pot beeps, wait for another 10 minutes to let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure. (Tip: We set a timer for this part so we don’t forget!) After 10 minutes, vent any remaining steam by moving the vent to “Venting”, covering your hand with a towel or hot pad. Never put your hands or face near the vent when releasing steam. (The pressure indicator in the lid may drop on its own after 10 minutes, meaning that there is no remaining steam in the pot.)
- Open the lid and carefully remove the hot sweet potatoes with tongs. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Category: Pantry
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot sweet potatoes, instant pot recipe, how to cook sweet potatoes in instant pot