Want to make homemade pizza but not sure where to start? Here’s everything you need to know about how to make pizza at home.
- 1 recipe Stand Mixer Pizza Dough or Food Processor Pizza Dough
- 1 recipe Best Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Topping ideas:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Feta cheese, goat cheese, burrata cheese, Parmesan cheese, or Pecorino cheese
- Chopped spinach leaves, chopped bell peppers, sliced red onions, thinly sliced tomatoes, avocado
- Olives, roasted jarred red peppers, artichokes
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Fresh basil, fresh thyme or fresh oregano
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Stand Mixer Pizza Dough or Food Processor Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Best Homemade Pizza Sauce. (You’ll use about 1/3 cup for the pizza; reserve the remaining sauce and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
- Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions.
- Spread a thin layer of the pizza sauce over the dough, using about 1/3 cup. Add the toppings, and if desired, few pinches of kosher salt.
- Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Homemade Pizza, How to make pizza, How to make pizza at home, Pizza Friday