Homemade croutons are WAY tastier than store bought, and they’re easy to make at home. Here’s how to make homemade croutons!
- 4 cups bread, cut into cubes (about 4 medium slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into small cubes, or tear it into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a small bowl.
- Mix with the olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder, and a few grinds of black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with the bread cubes.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes, then let cool for a few minutes before serving. (Croutons can be made in advance and stored in a sealed container until ready to use.)
- Category: Essential
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade croutons, Croutons recipe, How to make croutons, Salad recipes, Croutons for Salad, Homemade Salad Dressings