This green hummus is bright and flavorful healthy snack recipe, featuring green onions, spinach, cilantro and lime. Snacking just got more fun!
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (can liquid from the chickpeas), plus more as needed
- Peel the garlic. Drain the chickpeas into a liquid measuring cup. Juice the limes. Chop the green onions into 1 inch pieces, including the greens.
- Add the garlic, cilantro, green onion, and spinach, to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add chickpeas, lime juice, tahini, cumin, kosher salt, and water from the chickpea can (aquafaba). Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste. If necessary, add 1 to 2 tablespoons aquafaba. Puree for 1 to 2 minutes to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- Top the hummus with cilantro leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. If desired, add Crispy Chickpeas. Serve with veggies, pita bread, or crackers.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Green Food