Topped with feta cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach, this Greek pizza recipe feeds a crowd and comes together in no time.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Easy Pizza Sauce
- 1 handful black olives
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend of cheese (or mozzarella)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
- Make the pizza sauce: Make the Homemade Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare the toppings: Slice the black olives. Coarsely chop the spinach. Thinly slice the red onion. Drain and chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place the dough on the pizza peel: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see this video for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
- Quickly assemble the pizza: Thinly spread the tomato sauce over the dough, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with olives, spinach, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt.
- Bake the pizza: Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone using the pizza peel. Bake until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes (or 1 minute in a pizza oven).
The prep time listed above only applies if the pizza dough is already made. If you still need to make the dough, allow yourself around 90 minutes to prep all the ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Greek pizza, how to make pizza, homemade pizza recipe, Greek pizza recipe, How to make homemade pizza