This easy spinach alfredo pasta comes together in under 20 minutes and is a vegetarian dinner recipe the whole family will love!
- 12 ounces spaghetti or fettuccine
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook the pasta to al dente. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water in a liquid measuring cup; set it aside. Then drain and rinse the pasta.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, heat a splash of the pasta water over medium heat. Cook spinach leaves until just wilted and bright green; then remove to a bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of kosher salt and set aside.
- In the saucepan, add the milk, 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and the Parmesan cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir to coat. Add the butter, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper and stir to combine until the butter melts. If necessary, and a splash of pasta water to smooth out the sauce. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Spinach Alfredo Pasta, pasta alfredo