This quick veggie curry recipe is full of healthy vegetables and big flavor: and it takes under 25 minutes! The perfect fast and easy recipe.
- White or brown basmati rice, to serve*
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 medium bell peppers (we used 1 yellow and 1 orange)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups (5 ounces) baby spinach leaves (or chopped spinach)
- 28-ounce can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (or best quality crushed tomatoes)**
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or garam masala)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Cook the rice: If serving with rice, start the basmati rice (or use an Instant Pot.)
- Prep the vegetables: Dice the onion and bell peppers. (For super speed, you can go to Step 3 and mince the garlic and ginger while they cook.) Mince the garlic. Peel and mince the ginger (or grate it).
- Saute the veggies: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and peppers saute for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and spinach and saute for 2 minutes until the spinach is fully wilted.
- Simmer: Carefully pour in the crushed tomatoes and their juices, then add the curry powder, cumin, salt, chickpeas, peas, and coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes until bubbly. Remove from the heat. If desired, stir in a little more coconut milk (depending on the tomato brand*). Serve with rice.
*Or make the rice in advance, which is helpful for brown rice because it takes longer to cook. To reheat the rice, place it in a pan on the stovetop and add a splash of water. Heat gently for a few minutes until the water evaporates and the rice is warmed through.
- Category: Curry
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian inspired
Keywords: Easy recipes