This festive cranberry bread is so easy to make! It’s got a hint of bourbon and is just sweet enough, punctuated by tangy cranberries.
- 1 cup oat flour OR 1 cup blended rolled oats (see Step 2)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional), for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Butter a 9″ loaf pan.
- If using rolled oats, place them in a blender (high-speed is helpful) or food processor and blend for a minute or so until a fine flour-like texture forms.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, oat flour (or ground oats), brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Then whisk in the melted butter, milk bourbon, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake about 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack, still in the pan, and let cool for 30 minutes. Then remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing. Store at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, or frozen for at least 3 months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Winter
Keywords: Cranberry Bread, Healthy Cranberry Bread, Easy Cranberry Bread