This baked asparagus is an easy side dish that’s a hit with everyone! The green stalks are roasted until tender, spritzed with lemon & topped with Parmesan.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon (Zest from half, plus slices from the other half)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off the tough bottom ends of the asparagus. Add the asparagus stalks to a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, and add the kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Add the zest of 1/2 lemon and mix with your hands. Thinly slice 4 lemon wheels from the lemon, then add them right on the tray. Sprinkle everything with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until tender when pierced by a fork at the thickest part. The timing will depend on the thickness of the asparagus spears (ours in the photo were done at 12 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Asparagus Recipes, Asparagus Recipes