Looking for healthy and easy lunch recipes? This curried chickpea salad sandwich is essentially a vegetarian chicken salad using chickpeas instead.
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cooked)
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise, or cashew cream
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas; place them in a bowl and mash them a bit with a potato masher or fork until they break down in consistency. Thinly slice the green onions.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, curry powder, kosher salt, and honey or maple syrup.
- When ready to serve, add the raisins and add chopped cashews. Serve on crackers, or in a sandwich or wrap.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Curried Chickpea Salad, Curry Salad, Vegetarian Chicken Salad, Chickpea Salad, Vegan recipes, healthy lunch recipes