This cranberry salsa recipe is fresh, zingy and spicy! It’s a fun fall and winter appetizer everyone will love.
- 10 ounces (2 ½ cups) cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, packed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- If the cranberries are frozen, bring them to room temperature.
- Cut the red onion into rough chunks. Slice the jalapeño pepper in half, remove the ribs and seeds, and chop the pepper into a few pieces. (You can add back some seeds if you’d like it spicy.) Place both in the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to chop.
- Add the cranberries, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, and salt. Pulse several times until a roughly chopped texture forms.
- Taste and adjust flavors as necessary (add more seeds if you’d like it spicier). Before placing in a bowl, strain off any excess liquid. Serve with crackers, chips, pita, or bread. If desired, you can also serve over cream cheese. Stores refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Cranberry recipes