The best margarita recipe! Here’s how to make a classic margarita on the rocks with 3 simple ingredients: lime, Cointreau and tequila (no added sugar!).
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) tequila blanco or reposado*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wedge
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt (or for a festive look, use our Margarita Salt).
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.
*We like the nuanced aged flavor of reposado, but either works.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Margarita, How to make a margarita, Best margarita, Simple margarita recipe