Our personal journey in our last 10 years of marriage has been quite a wild ride, including cancer, miscarriage, and adoption. Over the years, we’ve shared parts of our story with the hopes that it would be helpful for those going through similar struggles. In turn, we’ve been incredibly encouraged and grateful for the way our community has rallied around us.
Here are a few blog posts from portions of our journey over the last few years. As you’d imagine, these experiences have made us passionate supporters of cancer research, families enduring miscarriage and infertility, and adoption and fostering.
- Sonja’s cancer story
- Decision to adopt
- Seasons of uncertainty
- Our adoption story: Larson Ames
- A Couple Cooks Podcast, Episode 28: Our Story
Our adoption story has also been featured in press:
- Sonja’s essay “Fourth Time’s a Charm” on Coffee + Crumbs
- If You’re Struggling to Become a Mother, This is for You, Sonja’s article on Mind Body Green
- “Couple’s Candid Post Shows There are Three Sides to Every Adoption Story” on Babble
- Episode 02: Healthy Lifestyle, Real Food, Cancer and Adoption with Sonja Overhiser on the Feel Good Effect Podcast
- Episode 91: Living With Cancer + Unexpected Paths To Motherhood With Sonja Overhiser on the One Part Podcast with Jessica Murnane