This best zucchini bread is really the best! It’s perfectly moist with applesauce and cinnamon-scented. Prepare to be amazed.
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (grapeseed, sunflower, vegetable)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs (for vegan substitute 2 flax eggs — go to Vegan Zucchini Bread)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a fork.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to combine into a sticky dough. Gently stir in zucchini. Be careful not to overmix: just stir until the dough comes together.
- Pour the dough into the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Bake 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing. Store at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for about 1 week, or frozen for at least 3 months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Zucchini Bread, Best Zucchini Bread