Here’s the very best sauteed spinach recipe, guaranteed to make eating your greens taste amazing! Even better, it takes just 10 minutes to whip up.
- 3 bunches (1 1/2 pounds total with stems, or 12 ounces leaves)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- Mounded 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste if desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- If your spinach is in a bunch, chop off the stems. For bunch or baby leaves, roughly chop the leaves (this should only take a few seconds, just to get the larger pieces a bit smaller).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the whole garlic cloves for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. The carefully the add spinach leaves and cover the pan. It will seem like a lot of volume, but it will wilt down to be very small. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Depending on the size and maturity of your spinach leaves, it may already be done, or stir and continue cooking about 30 seconds until the spinach is wilted but still bright green.
- Stir in the kosher salt and fresh lemon juice. Taste and add additional salt to taste: spinach is very susceptible to salt, so use only small bits at a time! The flavor should pop but not be salty.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spinach Recipes