This best pico de gallo recipe is always a home run! Just 6 ingredients, it’s the ideal dip for tortilla chips and topping for fish or tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe red tomatoes (about 4 medium), enough for 2 cups finely diced
- 1/2 cup minced white onion (about 1/4 large onion)
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed (depending on your spice tolerance)*
- 1/4 cup packed finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dice the tomatoes, removing the core and seeds. See this video for how to do it! It will take a while for this part, but hang in there!
- Finely chop the onion. Remove the seeds from the jalapeño peppers and finely chop them. Finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, and kosher salt in a bowl. Serve immediately. You can store a few days refrigerated as well. The pico de gallo will accumulate water as it sits; drain as necessary.
*Using 1 seeded jalapeño pepper comes out very mild. If you’d like more spice, add the second pepper and you can add some of the seeds as well to come to your desired spice level.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Pico de Gallo, Pico de Gallo Recipe, Salsa Recipe, Best Pico de Gallo