This baked salmon is an ultra quick healthy dinner recipe, and tastes incredible paired with a bright green chimichurri sauce!
For the salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
For the chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 green onions (tops only)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
- Meanwhile, make the chimichurri: Slice off the tops of the green onions. In a blender, blend all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms, (if necessary, stop and mix the ingredients to allow them to fully blend).
- To serve, drizzle the salmon with chimichurri, and serve with potatoes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes