The best way to cook Brussels sprouts? Roasted until they’re crispy and perfectly salted! Here’s the only Brussels sprouts recipe you need.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts (off the stalk)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.*
- Slice off any hard ends of the Brussels sprouts, as needed. Slice them in half lengthwise and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the sprouts with the olive oil, lemon zest (optional), kosher salt, and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then pour the spouts onto the sheet. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until blackened and tender (no need to stir).
- Taste a Brussels sprout and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.
*This method gets the Brussels sprouts perfectly crispy if it’s the only thing in the oven. If you’re trying to cook it with other things in the oven (as we did one Thanksgiving), you’ll need to increase the cook time. We recommend making this without other things in the oven, since the airflow is important to make the sprouts crispy.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: Brussels sprouts recipe