This banana baked oatmeal is the ideal brunch recipe! It’s full of good-for-you ingredients and so delicious, everyone will want seconds.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mashed banana or 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups milk of choice (dairy, almond or oat)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- For serving: Banana slices, almond butter or peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Grease an 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ pan with coconut oil or a neutral oil. In a medium bowl, mix together the rolled oats, pecan pieces, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and kosher salt.
- Dump the dries into the prepared pan.
- Mash the bananas. In the same bowl, whisk together the bananas, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Stir lightly with a fork to make everything gets evenly incorporated.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until the top is nicely golden and the oat mixture has set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes (or more for the texture to fully set).
- Before serving, spread the top with almond butter or peanut butter (or a combination) and top with banana slices. Store leftovers refrigerated for up to 1 week: reheat in a 300 degree oven or microwave until warm.
*Make ahead instructions: do not make the entire pan in advance and refrigerate overnight because the oats will absorb all the liquid. You can mix up the wets and dries separately and store in separate containers (with the wets refrigerated), then pour them together in the morning and bake.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Brunch
Keywords: Brunch Recipes