This balsamic vinaigrette recipe is one of the best salad dressings you’ll make! It’s classic, tangy, and easy to make at home.
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt until fully combined.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, adding 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking until it incorporates, until an emulsion forms.* Serve immediately. Store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving (keeps at least 2 weeks).
Taste, and if you prefer a sweeter balsamic vinaigrette, you can add up to 1 tablespoon additional maple syrup.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Balsamic vinaigrette recipe, Balsamic vinaigrette dressing, How to make balsamic vinaigrette