This refreshing kale and beet salad recipe features raw beets, carrots, and pink grapefruit, tossed with a tangy grapefruit vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 beet
- 2 carrots
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Peel the kohlrabi, beet, and carrots and chop them into matchsticks (julienne) with a knife or using a food processor. Remove the sections from one half of the grapefruit and peel them.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice from the other half of the grapefruit, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil one tablespoon at a time until a creamy emulsion forms. Taste and add additional grapefruit juice as desired.
- To serve, place vegetables on serving plates or in bowls. Top with grapefruit vinaigrette and sunflower seeds or pepitas.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beet salad recipe, Grapefruit Salad, Beet salad, Healthy Salad Recipe, Grapefruit Vinaigrette, Grapefruit Salad Dressing