This vegan blueberry banana ice cream is bananas and berries blended into a healthy spin on ice cream! Sometimes called “banana nice cream,” it’s oh so good.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or natural plain yogurt, plus extra as needed
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Place banana pieces on a tray in a single layer and freeze overnight.
- Just before serving, place the frozen banana slices, frozen berries, and coconut milk or yogurt into a food processor and pulse until starting to break up. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then blend on high until a smooth, creamy ice cream forms. You can add a touch more milk/yogurt to help it process better, but remember that the more liquid you add, the softer the end result will be.
- If desired, add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon for flavor brightener. Scoop into bowls and serve immediately. The ice cream doesn’t refreeze well, but it’s fast and easy to put together if you have the fruit pre-frozen, so making it fresh shouldn’t be a problem.
Reprinted with permission from My Darling Lemon Thyme: Recipes from My Real Food Kitchen by Emma Galloway
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Dessert, Gluten Free Dessert, Bananas, Berries, Vegan Dessert, Vegan Ice Cream, Berry Ice Cream, Nice Cream, Banana Ice Cream