If you’re looking for quesadilla ideas, how about apple and gouda quesadillas? The savory and sweet combination is unconventionally delicious.
- ½ cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (or aged cheddar)
- ½ tart apple (we used Jonathon)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tortillas
- Grate the cheese. Thinly slice the apple. Pull the thyme leaves off of the stem.
- On a plate, place a tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese, then lay the apple slices on top. Top with another 1/4 cup cheese, the thyme leaves, and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Place the loaded tortilla on the griddle and place another tortilla on top. Cook until browned on the bottom, then flip and cook until browned on the other side (a few minutes per side).
- Remove the tortilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. If making several quesadillas at once, keep them warm in a 300°F oven.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Quesadilla, Gouda Quesadilla, Quesadilla Ideas, Snack, Vegetarian, Healthy, Apple Recipes, Lunch