Try the Black Manhattan cocktail! This recipe swaps in Italian amaro for a drink that’s even more sophisticated—and tasty—than the original.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Italian amaro, like Averna
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- For the garnish: Cocktail cherry or Luxardo cherry
- Combine the whiskey, amaro and bitters in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry and serve.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Amaro cocktails