Short on time? This 10-minute baked salmon recipe is an ultra quick dinner, paired with a bright green chimichurri sauce.
For the salmon*
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Atlantic Salmon Side
- Kosher salt
- Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
For the chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 green onions (tops only)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon SimplyNature Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F. While the oven preheats, let the salmon sit at room temperature.
- Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
- Meanwhile, make the chimichurri: Slice off the tops of the green onions. In a blender, blend all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms, (if necessary, stop and mix the ingredients to allow them to fully blend).
- To serve, drizzle the salmon with chimichurri, and serve with potatoes.
*For an optional side dish, serve the salmon with roasted red potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450F. Slice 2 pounds red potatoes into thin rounds. In a large bowl, mix them with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the potatoes in an even layer on top. Roast the potatoes for about 35 minutes total, until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ALDI Meal Plan