Here’s a weekly ALDI meal plan with ideas for what to cook for breakfast, lunch and dinner using ingredients from your favorite grocery!
Here at A Couple Cooks, we love providing meal plans to help you get healthy meals on the table. We’ve amassed quite a collection, from vegetarian to pescatarian to vegan to Mediterranean. Many of you have told us you love shopping at ALDI, so our latest offering is a meal plan just for that grocery story! Our 1-week ALDI meal plan provides a list of meal ideas for dinner, lunch and breakfast: all focused around ingredients you can find at your favorite grocery.
Here are a few tips for navigating this ALDI Meal Plan:
- Pick as many as you like from the 6 dinner options. You don’t need to make all six! Alex and I don’t cook a new meal every night of the week (see the next bullet). Pick your favorites and base it around your schedule of time for cooking for the week.
- Eat leftovers and repurpose them into new meals. All of the meals below feed 4, but you’ll likely have leftovers. When you do, eat them straight or repurpose them in new ways (see our example in Quinoa Fried Rice below).
- Keep lunches and breakfasts and simple: alternate between 2 ideas. We provided 2 breakfast and lunch ideas because Alex and I like to keep things uber simple: better to save your cooking energy for dinners! If you’d like more inspiration, head to our Easy Breakfast Ideas or Healthy Lunch Ideas.
ALDI Meal Plan (1 week)
6 dinner ideas, 2 lunch ideas, and 2 breakfast ideas for the week ahead!
First up in our ALDI meal plan: dinners! This baked salmon is so quick: just 10 minutes in the oven makes a moist and flaky piece of salmon. It's paired with chimichurri, a bright green parsley and garlic sauce that originates from Argentina and Uruguay. It comes out a beautiful neon green and it tastes garlicky and fresh. ALDI has a wide range of salmon options: look for the Fresh Atlantic Salmon Side.
Serve with: Pick from sauteed broccoli, baked asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed spinach, steamed green beans, roasted potatoes (listed in the salmon recipe), or kale salad
Next up: Mediterranean stuffed peppers! Multi-colored bell peppers are sliced open and roasted, then stuffed with the flavors of the Mediterranean. Roasting peppers is quite easy: it takes just 30 minutes and you can do it while making the filling. The filling features quinoa, pistachios, spices, and feta cheese: all available at ALDI!
Tip: Make more quinoa and use it for the salmon poke bowl, quinoa tacos, or veggie fried rice below.
Serve with: Tossed salad, sauteed spinach or steamed cauliflower
Ready for another delicious and easy dinner idea? Loaded quinoa tacos! It’s a delicious plant based and vegetarian taco recipe that takes only 30 minutes to make! The quinoa taco “meat” is topped with a quick bell pepper slaw, spicy sour cream, and pickled onions. One word: magic. You can get every single ingredient in this recipe at ALDI, making it super accessible and affordable.
Serve with: ALDI chips & salsa
Hawaiian poke bowls feature fish, veggies, rice, and savory sauces. Classic poke bowls traditionally feature raw ahi tuna, but here's a tasty spin: a seared salmon poke bowl! You can get the salmon and all of the ingredients at ALDI, and the salmon is wild caught using their sustainable seafood practices. The veggies are all seasoned differently and combine into a healthy and easy dinner recipe.
Here's an insanely-tasty healthy chili recipe! It’s got a savory, hearty flavor even though it’s meatless. And it’s full of good-for-you ingredients; a trio of protein-packed beans, quinoa, and loads of spices. You can get all the ingredients at ALDI: and it makes a huge pot!
Tip: Use leftovers for lunches throughout the week, or no-cook dinners.
Serve with: Vegan Cornbread or Best Cornbread
Here's how to use up that leftover quinoa at the end of the week in an easy meal: quinoa fried rice! It's got the appearance of your favorite takeout. But instead, it’s a healthy spin on fried rice featuring quinoa to pack in the plant-based protein! It's loaded with vegetables and a mix of baby greens: all available at ALDI.
Serve with: Frozen edamame, sauteed broccoli (with soy sauce and sesame seeds)
Next in our ALDI meal plan: lunch ideas! This Mexican pinwheel recipe is all about making a healthy lunch as fast as possible. The pinwheels are packed with healthy veggies rolled into a tortilla with a bit of hummus: and MAN, they are so tasty! You can get all of the ingredients for this recipe at ALDI they're perfect for office or school lunches.
This chickpea salad sandwich is one of our top healthy lunch ideas: a vegetarian version of a chicken salad sandwich made using chickpeas! The garbanzo beans are smashed and mixed with a touch of mayo, lemon juice, celery and green onions to make the most savory, delicious spread. Serve it as a sandwich or eat it with ALDI crackers or pita chips.
This toasted oatmeal recipe is a fan favorite easy breakfast idea: because it tastes incredible and only requires a bit of time! Toasting the oats before making the oatmeal gives them a nutty flavor: you’ll never be able to go back to your old oatmeal again! Our favorite topping: all natural ALDI peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter. It will keep you full all day long!
It’s easy to forget about the simplest of ideas when you’re in a rush in the morning. Nut butters are perfect for breakfast and lunch because they are packed with protein and super filling! Grab some ALDI bread and nut butter like almond, peanut or cashew butter. Then top with any berries or sliced fruit you have on hand: and a little drizzle of maple syrup makes it extra special.
ALDI Baked Salmon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Short on time? This 10-minute baked salmon recipe is an ultra quick dinner, paired with a bright green chimichurri sauce.
For the salmon*
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Atlantic Salmon Side
- Kosher salt
- Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
For the chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 green onions (tops only)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon SimplyNature Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F. While the oven preheats, let the salmon sit at room temperature.
- Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
- Meanwhile, make the chimichurri: Slice off the tops of the green onions. In a blender, blend all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms, (if necessary, stop and mix the ingredients to allow them to fully blend).
- To serve, drizzle the salmon with chimichurri, and serve with potatoes.
*For an optional side dish, serve the salmon with roasted red potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450F. Slice 2 pounds red potatoes into thin rounds. In a large bowl, mix them with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon cumin, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the potatoes in an even layer on top. Roast the potatoes for about 35 minutes total, until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ALDI Meal Plan
More meal plan resources
Outside of this ALDI meal plan, here are a few more resources for meal planning: