Thanks for following along on our journey to Greece! As a finale of the recipes we’ve been posting over the past few weeks, we’ve included them here as a menu for a summer day or evening:
A few tips for if you choose to make these items as a meal:
- Making the tzatziki and baklava cups in advance helps with the preparation. The tzatziki is especially good after a day or two in the refrigerator, so it’s easy to make the day before. The baklava cups are good for a day or so kept in a sealed container; you may want to drizzle with honey directly before serving.
- Make the Greek salad as close as possible to the time of serving. Avoid refrigerating it if possible, since tomatoes tend to lose flavor when refrigerated. The bulgur salad is best the day of serving as well, though it could also be prepared in advance and then refreshed with a bit of lemon juice, olive oil, and kosher salt.
- If you’re making the food for a picnic, you may want to skip the baked feta: it’s best right out of the oven. After sitting for a while, it will harden, which makes it hard to eat as a dip.
- Making several salads at one time requires a lot of chopping, so be prepared! You may want to do all your vegetable chopping at once so it doesn’t get overwhelming.
- Don’t forget to say, “Opa!”
Mediterranean Bulgur Salad