Sauteed kale is the best way to eat this healthy leafy green! Scented with garlic and cooked in olive oil until tender, you’ll want to eat it every day.
- 1 pound or 2 bunches Tuscan kale*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Optional: Lemon wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry the kale leaves, then destem and roughly chop the kale.
- Smash and peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic and kale and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until wilted and bright green.
- Remove from the heat and add the kosher salt and several grinds of fresh ground pepper. Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately. (If desired, you can add lemon juice or Parmesan: but neither are necessary with the sweet flavor of Tuscan kale! You may want to consider them if using curly kale.)
*Tuscan kale has a milder flavor than curly kale and flatter, dark green leaves. We recommend it for this recipe: though curly kale works too! Tuscan kale is available in most standard grocery stores.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Kale Recipes, Sauteed Kale