This easy fruit crisp recipe can be used with any fruit! It has a crunchy topping of almond flour and oats, and the filling is perfectly sweetened.
For the filling
- 5 cups fresh berries or sliced summer fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced peaches, etc)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the topping
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8-inch pie plate or a cast-iron skillet.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, toss together the fruit, vanilla, lemon juice, arrowroot and salt until well coated. Transfer the filling to the prepared pie plate.
- Make the topping: Wipe out the bowl, then chop the butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl, with the oats, coconut sugar, almond flour, vanilla, and salt. Pinch it all together with your fingertips until it forms a shaggy, sandy dough. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling bubbles and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from Healthier Together by Liz Moody
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Fruit Desserts