Everybody loves this cauliflower curry recipe! This easy whole food plant based recipe (WFPB) is warm-spiced, nutrient packed, and ready in just over 30 minutes.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pound sweet potato (4 cups chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (5 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons curry powder*
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, San Marzano if possible
- 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk*
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Brown or white rice, for serving
- Make the rice according to How to Cook White Rice, How to Cook Brown Rice, or Instant Pot Rice.
- Dice the onion. Chop the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks (do not peel). Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes, then add the sweet potato and saute 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and ½ teaspoon kosher salt and saute another 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne. Add the Muir Glen tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. When the vegetables are tender, add the chickpeas and 4 cups spinach and stir for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add another ½ teaspoon kosher salt to taste, adding additional salt if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve with brown rice.
*Using a high-quality curry powder is key to a complex taste in this curry. Using a full-fat coconut milk is also recommended versus light coconut milk, as it imparts a satisfying richness.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian Inspired
Keywords: Plant Based Recipes, WFPB