I used to think the magic of tacos was only possible through that good old premade seasoning packet. You know, the one collecting dust in the back of your cupboard? It wasn’t until recently that I realized that you could make your own seasoning mix, which not only tastes delicious, but is devoid of any of the suspicious preservatives.
It takes only a few minutes to assemble, and you can store it in an airtight container for months. (Though it might not last that long after you give it a try, like with some lentil tacos…)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more, depending on your spice tolerance)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.