Watermelon and feta might seem like an unlikely combination. But it proved to be a winning one, and an excellent summer treat!
I’d been wanting to try the idea for a while, so when we stumbled across a pile of free watermelon the other day, it seemed like the perfect opportunity. The recipe is not only extremely easy, but looks beautiful on the plate. It’s the perfect effortless way to enjoy the fruit of the season, especially if you love salty and sweet combinations as much as I do.
We enjoyed the additional flavor of the rosemary in the salad, but found it to be just as good without it as well. Enjoy!
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed and chilled
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and arrange them on a plate.
- Add crumbles of feta and a few leaves of fresh rosemary (if desired). Drizzle with olive oil, and top with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.